From: Matthew Excell (matt_at_possibilityforge.com)
Date: Wed 28 Jan 2004 - 14:25:35 GMT

On Wed, 2004-01-28 at 02:39, Enrico Scholz wrote:
> matt_at_possibilityforge.com (Matthew Excell) writes:
>
> Seems to be the root of all evil... 'ps' (used by vps) and alpha
> vserver-stat are accessing (and requiring) /proc/uptime which is not
> visibly by default.

Using vproc (thanks Herbert) I put uptime back into all context procs.
Then, following hints from strace, I put meminfo into all context procs.

For future reference: vproc -e /proc/uptime; vproc -e /proc/meminfo

I couldn't think of any huge security holes that would create - correct
me if I'm wrong. . . Anyway, vps and vserver-stat run. vserver-stat
appears to enter an endless loop - just repeating the root server and an
unnamed server over and over.

> > - vserver cannot find vserver-setup
>
> This indicates an incomplete installation of util-vserver (only 'make
> install' is supported).

I used "make install" - I can find vserver-setup.functions installed,
but no vserver-setup - and strace doesn't even show that being opened.

It did show /usr/local/etc/vservers/vservername.conf being opened. I was
using /etc/vservers/ for my config. I symlinked back to /usr/local and
the error changed - it wasn't actually looking for vserver-setup, just
the config file:

WARNING: can not find configuration, assuming legacy method
Can not find util-vserver installation; aborting...

So now it just can't find something else. Strace showed it trying to
open

/usr/local/lib/util-vserver/legacy/util-vserver-vars

I have

/usr/local/lib/util-vserver/util-vserver-vars

and

/usr/local/sbin/util-vserver-vars

I haven't yet tried symlinking those.

Thanks again for fantastic software - hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Matt

--
Matthew Excell <matt_at_possibilityforge.com>
The Possibility Forge, Inc.