From: Matthew Excell (matt_at_possibilityforge.com)
Date: Tue 27 Jan 2004 - 18:56:46 GMT

Good morning, all! (GMT-7) :-)

It is definitely getting closer!

Platform:
SMP AMD Opteron (32-bit kernel)
2.6.2-rc2
kernel-org kernel + MPPE patch + vs0.06
gcc-3.3 (32-bit only - not biarch)

issues:
- hostname "leaks" to context 0 (context 0 has the hostname of last
vserver started.)
- I don't know if the "vserver stop reboots server" problem is still
there. (vserver stop fails for another reason - see below.)

stable util-vserver-0.27
- vserver-stat is basically working (still has issues with uptime)
- vserver start and enter will bind and change contexts but something
(ps?) is complaining about proc not being mounted.
- ps complains about proc not being mounted when in ctx 1 - so vps
doesn't work. Ditto for "vserver stop"

rc util-vserver-0.27.91
- no apparent difference from 0.27

alpha util-vserver-0.27.199
- vps complains about proc
- vserver-stat: open(): no such file or directory (strace is trying to
load libraries. . .)
- vserver cannot find vserver-setup

I'll have test results on x86_64 soon.

Herbert,

Contact me directly about 2.6 sponsoring - what did you have in mind?

--
Matthew Excell <matt_at_possibilityforge.com>
The Possibility Forge, Inc.