From: Bert De Vuyst (bert.devuyst_at_intec.ugent.be)
Date: Fri 09 Jan 2004 - 23:31:03 GMT

On Friday 09 January 2004 20:55, Christian Mayrhuber wrote:
> Herbert Poetzl wrote:
> > On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 11:15:02AM +0100, Bert De Vuyst wrote:
> >>I think this problem is not related to the kernel, but to the vserver
> >> tools. Running vserver tools 0.29 + patch-vserver-0.29-fix01.diff on a
> >> machine running kernel 2.4.23-vs1.22, did give the same problem.

> I've the debian package of vserver 0.29 running with 2.4.24-vs1.22
> and this one works as expected.
>
> Are you sure that you have VSERVERS_ROOT configured in /etc/vservers.conf?
Yes.
De standard version of the vserver 0.29 tools did run fine for me, but the
static security context numbers didn't work. (I did use the debian package)
So I did rebuild the vserver 0.29 tools with a patch made by Herbert
(patch-vserver-0.29-fix01.diff). This patch did fix the static security
context numbers bug. The patched version of the vserver tools can't run
dynamic security context numbers. (you can start a server, but you can't stop
it)
That's the bug we found here.

Best regards,

Bert.