From: Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy (grisha_at_ispol.com)
Date: Fri 09 Jan 2004 - 03:35:10 GMT

Sorry, this is a bit off-topic:

I've seen quite a few mentions of Virtuozzo and Ensim VPS solutions.
Virtuozzo seems to be particularly keen on how they are so super advanced,
no open source thing comes even close.

Anyone here have any experience with those and can give the skinny on
what those things really are (i.e. context based separation like vserver,
or more like a user mode kernel, or neither - perhaps just chroot)?

The best I could determine is Virtuozzo is more like vmware, but I may be
completely off. I also wonder if by any chance they are actually based on
UM Linux or Vserver....

Grisha