From: Arnaud Abelard (arnaud.abelard_at_sciences.univ-nantes.fr)
Date: Wed 07 Jan 2004 - 09:46:53 GMT

Hello,

We've been successfully running rh9 vservers on our rh9 host. We tried
to build a fedora core vserver on this host, and surprisingly, we can
enter the fc1 vserver, but can't start it:

# on the host server (rh9):
[root_at_vserver vserver]# uname -a
Linux vserver.sciences.univ-nantes.fr 2.4.22-ctx17a-smp #2 SMP Wed Aug
27 10:42:10 CEST 2003 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

[root_at_vserver vserver]# vserver fc1-test enter
ipv4root is now 1.2.3.4
Host name is now somename.somedomain.com
New security context is 29

[root_at_somename /]# ps ax
   PID TTY STAT TIME COMMAND
     1 ? S 0:13 init [3] --init
14894 pts/0 S 0:00 /bin/bash -login
14951 pts/0 R 0:00 ps ax

[root_at_somename /]# exit

[root_at_vserver vserver]# vserver fc1-test start
Starting the virtual server fc1-test
Server fc1-test is not running
ipv4root is now 1.2.3.4
Host name is now somename.somedomain.com
New security context is 30

[root_at_vserver vserver]# vserver fc1-test status
Server fc1-test is not running

we are running vservers 0.29, we used both the default fed1.0-minimum
and our own minimum install.

Any idea?

Thanks,

--