From: Matthew Nuzum (matt_at_followers.net)
Date: Wed 07 Jan 2004 - 02:38:58 GMT

Time outs like that often mean dns related problems.

Have you added the proper dns settings to /etc/resolv.conf in the vserver?
If so, does your mailserver run in a chroot jail? (like postfix) If so,
you need to copy the resolv.conf settings to the jail or your mailserver
will not know about them. If you're using postfix, it might be:
/var/spool/postfix/etc/resolv.conf

That problem can be very frustrating and hard to track down.

BTW, if it's not dns related, the next most likely problem is routing, but
I've never seen that happen in a vserver.

HTH,

Matthew Nuzum | ISPs: Make $200 - $5,000 per referral by
www.followers.net | recomending Elite CMS to your customers!
matt_at_followers.net | http://www.followers.net/isp