From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Tue 06 Jan 2004 - 23:40:33 GMT

On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 01:47:45PM -0500, Jim Buttafuoco wrote:
> small question from a new (but very happy) user.
> What does ck* stand for?

'ck' is short for Con Kolivas and that is the
guy (google will tell you more) who does the
patchsets I recently stumbled over, and considered
for vserver use ...

basically it contains O(1), Preemption, Lowlat and
XFS patches for the vanilla kernels ...

what is vanilla? those are the unmodified, main
kernel releases like the Macello or Andrew tree ..

who is Marcelo? who is Andrew? well that is another
story, but they both maintain stable linux branches
(2.4 und 2.6)

HTH,
Herbert