From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Mon 29 Dec 2003 - 01:07:59 GMT

On Sun, Dec 28, 2003 at 10:53:54PM +0100, Jon Bendtsen wrote:
> søndag 28. dec 2003 kl. 20:45 skrev Dariush Pietrzak:
>
> >>is a ssh login good enough? or do you need physical access ?
> > it would be nice to have ability to run various kernels on it, that
> >means
> >that someone would have to have physical access to it if it wouldn't
> >got up
> >after reboot. Also some arrangement for reading printk messages and
> >oops
> >messages would be beneficial.

why not add a remote unit, as described on the linux-vserver.org
pages, that would allow remote reboot, and a serial console,
nothing more should be needed for testing/development ...

connect it to another server in your basement, and allow
minicom to be run on that machine/account ...

works for me ...