From: Bert De Vuyst (bert.devuyst_at_intec.UGent.be)
Date: Fri 19 Dec 2003 - 12:25:07 GMT

On Thursday 18 December 2003 16:53, Herbert Poetzl wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 04:41:15PM +0100, Bert De Vuyst wrote:
> > I did have a similar problem here. Running 2.4.22-vs1.00,
> > I could run the daemons on the host system without using chbind.
> > (the standard debian startup scripts)
> >
> > After upgrading to 2.4.23-v.1.22, I did have to bind the daemons
> > to the host IP-number.
> >
> > Otherwise, I couldn't access the daemons in the vservers.
>
> you are talking about using 'host' services
> from one of the vservers via the 'host ip', right?

my test setup:
server machine1 with a virtual server machine2 running on op of it.
Both running debian 3.0

Running vserver 1.0, it could access ssh, smtp and ftp on machine2 (the
virtual server) without changing the configuration of the startup scripts on
machine1 (the host server). I did test this on 3 server machine (some of them
running 7 virtual servers)

> hmm, could you try if this works again if you
> use vs1.20 instead of vs1.22?
Yes. And is it's working again.

(kernel 2.4.23-vs1.20, vserver tools 0.29 backported from Ola's debian
package)

Best regards,

Bert.