From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Tue 16 Dec 2003 - 07:19:20 GMT

On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 06:43:28AM +0200, Alex Lyashkov wrote:
> On Monday 15 December 2003 23:41, Kern Wolfgang wrote:
> > Hello List,
> >
> > my question is simple: Can I supervise, on the host system,
> > the Traffic of every single VServer?
> > If every VServer could have a network interface of its own,
> > like eth0:VM1, then i can read the traffic of this virtual
> > interface.
> >
> > How can i realize this? Any ideas?
> >
> see freevps.

Hi Alex!

I do not consider such replies productive, if
you want to help, do it, if you 'just' want to
'promote' your branch, please don't do it as
reply to simple questions like this ...

a) this is _trivial_ to do with iptables as I
   pointed out long time ago (long before freevps
   did exist ;), and has even made it's way into
   paul's faq, so you should know ...
   http://www.paul.sladen.org/vserver/faq/#bandwidth

b) if you 'think' that this is a missing feature
   in the linux-vserver branch, just send a patch
   to vs1.22 or vs1.3.0 and I will consider
   inclusion ...

thanks for your cooperation,
Herbert