From: Fabio Corneti (ciccio_at_smilzo.net)
Date: Fri 12 Dec 2003 - 12:36:59 GMT

I installed a 2.4.23 kernel patched with VServer 1.3 on a Debian Woody
machine.
I created a new vserver with the debian-newvserver script, and it starts
correctly and works.
The problem is that if I try to login via ssh as a normal user, after
the password is accepted the connection is closed; if I try to login as
root, the password is accepted and the bash appears as usual.

What could be the problem?
I know for sure (from /var/auth.log in the vserver) that normal users'
passwords are accepted, but it seems like they don't have permission to
accecss something... maybe could this be related to /dev/pts?
It is mounted with the options gid=5,mode=620.

I would really like to know what's going on... the rest of the system
works fine.

Thank you,
Fabio Corneti
ciccio_at_smilzo.net