From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Fri 12 Dec 2003 - 00:20:20 GMT

On Thu, Dec 11, 2003 at 04:56:59PM +0000, Jonathan Sambrook wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> DSVR's patches against both the kernel and userspace components of
> VServer are available at:
>
> http://jonathan.dsvr.co.uk/kernel

great!

> Herbert:
>
> http://jonathan.dsvr.co.uk/kernel/patches/vserver/01-hideinfo.patch :
>
> implements the existing VX_INFO_HIDEINFO flag to hide the extra
> vserver info in /proc//status

hmm, yes, but I guess this basically will be obsoleted
by the current development path, as the 'original'
procfs stuff is going away, but yes, that will be an
option so thanks for pointing out that this is useful

> http://jonathan.dsvr.co.uk/kernel/patches/vserver/02-sysctrl.patch :
>
> adds a bare framework for VServer related sysctls:
> /proc/sys/kernel/ctx

hmm, okay, we use something similar for the userspace
reboot helper, but basically most config stuff will be
solved via the syscall switch ...

what uses/application do you have in mind?

TIA,
Herbert