From: Jonathan Sambrook (jonathan.sambrook_at_dsvr.co.uk)
Date: Thu 11 Dec 2003 - 17:23:21 GMT

At 16:07 on Fri 05/12/03, herbert_at_13thfloor.at masquerading as 'Herbert Poetzl' wrote:

> Hello Everyone!
>
> the second linux-vserver stable release (1.20)
> is available at
>
> http://www.13thfloor.at/vserver/s_release/v1.20/
>
> you can download all-in-one patches for 2.4.21/22
> and 2.4.23 as well as tar archives of all the
> splitups ...
>
> vserver-0.28 and util-vserver-0.26 will work with
> this release, but you'll still need the vkill tool
> to use the kill_ctx feature ...
> (newer tools will be available soon ;)
>
> the following bugs where fixed:
>
> - critical bugfix in tcp(6)_get_info()
> - critical bugfix SMP deadlock, dyn.

Unfortunately not quite there yet. There appear to have been two
unrelated issues since I've still been getting crashes, but at a much slower
rate on 2.4.23-vs1.2{0,1}. They occur more quickly with my other patches
in place, but since they're timing susceptible, that doesn't say much.

The fix I have is to replace the uts_sem write locks in vcontext.c's
vx_assign_info and vx_release_info with a spinlock. They aren't related
to the uts_name in anyway, so were only freeloading anyhow :)

See: http://jonathan.dsvr.co.uk/kernel/index.html#vsbug

Opinion(s) please.

Jonathan

> - bugfix dyn. wraparound lockup
> - bugfix in vroot device
> - small bugfix in switch_user_struct()
> - fixed compat quota capability
> - changed vmalloc to kmalloc
>
> the following enhancements where done:
>
> - added syscall switch
> - added send signal to context
> - included vroot device vr0.14
> - included reboot userspace helper
> - limit/kill syscall templates
> - dynamic id range moved to 49152-
> - block static use of dyn. ctx id
>
> - three levels of cleanup and restructuring
> - x86_64, parisc, and ppc64 support
>
> enjoy,
> Herbert

 Jonathan Sambrook