From: al3x (al3x__at_gmx.net)
Date: Sun 30 Nov 2003 - 21:41:36 GMT

Hello Herbert,

Sunday, November 30, 2003, 9:18:49 AM, you wrote:

HP> On Sun, Nov 30, 2003 at 04:05:50AM -0500, al3x wrote:
>> Hello everybody.
>>
>> Can I suggest incremental kernel patches? It's pretty easy to create but saves
>> the hell lot of time for applying to modified kernels - personally I have to manually straighten
>> some problems with grsecurity patch.
>> This way transition from development patches to release will be more smooth.
>> Unless there is some reason for not doing this.

HP> hmm, no problem with that, what incrementals do you
HP> have in mind? vs1.00 -> vs1.1.6 or just vs1.1.0->
HP> vs1.1.1 ... or just between stable releases?

Just 1 incremental patch towards previous version with stable/development will
do the trick. It can be like this:
development/stable release 1.1.N : patch-1.1.N and patch-1.1.N-1.1.(N-1).inc

That will also make easy to rollback to whatever was working for you before last
patch.

--
Best regards,
 al3x                            mailto:al3x__at_gmx.net