From: Simon Garner (sgarner_at_expio.co.nz)
Date: Sun 30 Nov 2003 - 11:23:58 GMT

On Saturday, November 29, 2003 11:02 PM NZT,
mile1_at_bellsouth.net <mile1_at_bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Hello Simon,
>
> Is there a list of things to remove prior to building the skel, and
> after?
> If so where can I get it, I continue to have problem with thing trying
> to start, like the can't initalize iptable - can't find etc/fstab,
after
> I edited it in the skel...?

/etc/rc.d stuff all needs to be modified quite a bit to work with
vservers. I could look at adding some of the needed changes to the
build-skel functionality in Vskel, only trouble is it tends to be a
little distribution specific.

I suggest you look in /etc/rc.d/init.d (in the skel) and delete all init
scripts for things you don't need - including iptables. Then look in
/etc/rc.d/rc3.d and remove the links to those same scripts (or you can
use chkconfig to do this the 'tidy' way).

Let me know if you still have trouble...

-Simon