From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Wed 26 Nov 2003 - 08:48:22 GMT

On Wed, Nov 26, 2003 at 04:43:48AM +0100, yehat_at_gmx.de wrote:
> Hello,

Hi Frank!

> Is it possible to combine this project with user-mode-linux
> (user-mode-linux.sf.net)?
> I am thinking of starting an UML-kernel on the host server an then some
> vlinux-partitions
> _inside_ the UML (or the other way round) :-) I imagine it might be possible
> - maybe itwould be very nice for
> developing/debugging this great project?
> Thanks,

just apply that 'preparation' patches on
2.4.22-uml6 (latest? official uml for 2.4)

http://vserver.13thfloor.at/Experimental/patch-2.4.22-uml6-vsprep.diff
(for stable vs1.00)

http://vserver.13thfloor.at/Experimental/patch-2.4.22-uml6-vsdprep.diff
(for devel vs1.1.x)

and ontop that the vserver patches ;)

should work as expected,
the other way round is also possible, but you
don't need any patches for that, I assume ...

enjoy,
Herbert