From: Alex Lyashkov (shadow_at_psoft.net)
Date: Wed 26 Nov 2003 - 04:26:49 GMT

> Therefore, it will not make sense to hope on a magic chrootsafe() syscall
> for vservers. Alternative approaches like CLONE_NEWNS in combination with
> pivot_root() or 'mount --rbind <vdir> /' (suggested by Rik van Riel) must
> be investigated to find better methods.

I say Rik and Herber - vserver _can`t_ use CLONE_NEWNS and pivot_root because
some nmaped files be placed at old root and old root can`t be unmounted.

If you have use separated namespace you must write own function to create
namespace and fill data. after it process migrate to it.
It need modification at kernel but i can`t find other way for correctly work
with namespace.
If interested see may snapshots.

--
With best regards,