From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Mon 24 Nov 2003 - 14:21:30 GMT

On Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 03:27:03PM +1100, Charles Dale wrote:
> Hmm can someone else answer this one please, I've lost track of what
> happened to the Per Context Quota & Disk Limit patches after 1.0. Herbert
> did they get merged into the main patch?

Sure, thanks so far, Chuck!

Quota Hashes, Context Tagging, Context Quota and
the Disk Limits didn't make it into the vserver
release yet .. they are considered experimental
and will require some testing/feedback to be added
to the patchset permanently ...

there is a patch set available for the first three
which should work with vs1.1.5

http://vserver.13thfloor.at/Experimental/patch-2.4.23-rc2-qh0.12.diff.bz2
http://vserver.13thfloor.at/Experimental/patch-2.4.23-rc2-vs1.1.5-qh0.12-cx0.07.diff.bz2
http://vserver.13thfloor.at/Experimental/patch-2.4.23-rc2-vs1.1.5-qh0.12-cx0.07-cq0.12.diff.bz2

but not for the disk limits yet ...
(if somebody is willing to test it, just let me
know, I'll make a patch ;)

> Some of the memory & process limits are controlled by ulimit settings - see
> the ULIMIT= variable in your <vserver>.conf.

memory limits are per task, process limits can be
per vserver ('nproc' flag)

again there are experimental patches for VM memory
limits, which have not been adapted to vs1.1.5
yet .. (also done on demand)

> I've yet to investigate doing complete limiting so I can't give you much
> more specific info.

the limit interface will change in the near future
as the userspace tools already support a 'new' way
to set and change those limits on-the-fly ...

HTH,
Herbert