From: ian douglas (id_at_w98.us)
Date: Tue 18 Nov 2003 - 22:56:13 GMT

> I did a Gentoo virtualization last night and I'm emerge -e world'ing right
> now, if you need to contact me directly, please do, I'd be happy to help
> support you over the phone or any instant message clients.

any 'gtochas' that you care to share up-front?

I've never even seen gentoo, I'm just getting the ISO's onto my system now
to burn CD's to see what the installation is like. A buddy of mine says that
everything compiles from source as part of the installation and took his
system an awfully long time (12+ hours) to get set up on a PIII-1Ghz; is
that about right?

-id