From: Charles Dale (bug_at_aphid.net)
Date: Wed 12 Nov 2003 - 23:01:35 GMT

> I am using an RPM from rh7 and in general, it installs
> everywhere. I am using that for many projects.
>
> On which distro are you seeing this problem ?

Tee-hee that was in the message you quoted, just you lopped it off:

  Ditto here, both for source and i386 RPMs. Can't query them with -qp
  or install or anything. Using rpm-4.2-0.69 (RH9).

  They work fine on RH6.2 (rpm-4.0.2-6x).

The original reporter was running RH9 too. Perhaps is some incompatibility
the RPMs built by the rpm in RH7 running on RH9. Can you try upgrading to a
newer version of RPM? The ones I built on RH9 work fine here.

Chuck