From: Lyn St George (lyn_at_zolotek.net)
Date: Mon 10 Nov 2003 - 17:12:11 GMT

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 00:55:44 +0800, Petar wrote:

>Ok now I'm just starting to feel silly... I tried d/ling the .diff version
>and feeding that to patch but same error. Here is the attempt with the .gz
>version of the file.
>
>I'm not giving up until this thing boots a vserver kernel :-)
>
>[root_at_localhost linux-2.4.22]# tar xzf patch-2.4.22-vs1.00.diff.gz
>
>gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
>tar: Child returned status 1
>tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors

Try 'gzip -dc patch-2.44.22-vs1.00.diff.gz' - unless the archive
is faulty that should do it, though I see that I just got the
*diff itself (it's only 98k).

(err - you're not downloading these via Windoze and then feeding
them to a local Linux box are you? Check for DOS line endings)

-
Cheers
Lyn St George