From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Fri 07 Nov 2003 - 14:47:54 GMT

On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 06:42:46PM +0100, W)W)ip-Debian Liste wrote:
> Hello people,
>

> I have completed a Debian VServer documentation some minutes ago. It
> isn' perfect but perhaps a little help for all people out there want's
> to install Vserver's under Debian 3 (Woody release), it also contains
> the Kernel installation (changing) and some other useful things. Send
> suggestions and criticism please to my reply address.
>

> Thanks fly out to Joel Wiesmann for his base docu and St%tic for his
> relaxing help for this docu but of course also to the VServer
> community and this mailinglist. Vserver is one of the greatest things
> on linux ;)
>

> I hope this contribution is a little help for peoples who reads german
> simpler then english.

some questions:

    - Why do/did you use 2.4.20?
    - Why do/did you use the 'old' 0.23 tools, if there
      is 0.26 (jack) and 0.24 (enrico)
    - showattr/setattr can be useful on debian too

    - Why not use v_ssh to wrap the ssh init script?
      (this uses the vsysvwrapper ;)

some corrections:

    - don't name it vmlinuz-2.4.20-ctx, name it
      vmlinuz-2.4.20-vs1.00 (this should have the
      same postfix the kernel uses [/proc/version])
    - vserver <V> stopp
                              ~
is it available on the web too? if so, please add it to
the http://www.linux-vserver.org/index.php?page=Documentation
as a new subsect 'In german' ...