From: Jan-Hendrik Heuing (jh_at_heuing.com)
Date: Wed 05 Nov 2003 - 21:28:24 GMT

> > Ages ago I searched for the same for rh7.3, that days it was
> > seperated, I also had to install kernel-headers etc..., but I can't
> > find these things for rh9.
> >

>I think running a vanilla kernel on rh9/rhel3 is not a good idea (this
>was what I found with taroon at least) - the red hat kernel has NPTL
>(native posix thread library) support patched in, and a lot of userspace
>things expect this kernel support to be there. If you run a vanilla
>kernel (which won't have NPTL) then you will see problems with threaded
>apps.
>
>Unfortunately the vserver patches won't patch (yet) against the red hat
>patched kernels.

Just to get this right:

- vanilla kernel should not be used on redhat
- vserver does not patch redhat kernel yet

?
It looks a bit like there is no straight way using redhat9 with vserver, am
I right with this conclusion ?

Anyway, if you still know the place of the kernel sources, I'd still like
to know, as I can't find them. And I guess at some point there will be
patches for the redhat kernel.

What would be the way to go ?

Use debian as the host, and maybe use rh vservers ? I'd like to use redhat
for some things as I know about it. Just looking into debian...

thanks, JH