From: Jan-Hendrik Heuing (jh_at_heuing.com)
Date: Wed 05 Nov 2003 - 13:16:05 GMT

At 13:53 05.11.2003, you wrote:
>Charles Dale wrote:
>>Re: compiliing a kernel on SuSE, they should provide a .config file that has
>>all the configuration options used for compiling the stock kernel.
>>With RedHat this is in the config/ directory inside the kernel tree. Looking
>>at a SuSE source RPM I can't see anything similar. Hmm.

On redhat, if the config is in that directory, what is the config file in
/boot ?

The other thing: I might be wrong with this, but: Isn't it the case that
redhat provides a patched kernel ? I could not fine the whole source
kernel. Finally I used a standard vanilla kernel (which I still have little
problems with).

I could only find some kernel-xxx.src.rpm, but which only installs some
other directory structure, not like it would be with a vanilla kernel.

Ages ago I searched for the same for rh7.3, that days it was seperated, I
also had to install kernel-headers etc..., but I can't find these things
for rh9.

Hints are appreaciated !

JH