From: Enrico Scholz (enrico.scholz_at_informatik.tu-chemnitz.de)
Date: Tue 04 Nov 2003 - 00:36:29 GMT

Hello,

version 0.24 of util-vserver was released some minutes ago and is
available at

           http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/util-vserver/

This version

* re-adds some features which were removed in the last stable version
  (0.23.6), e.g.:
  - the copy-my-/etc/shadow-and-other-secrets mode of 'vserver ... build'.
    To use a more secret method which creates a filesystem skeleton only,
    set the 'UTIL_VSERVER_AVOID_COPY' environment variable to '1' before
    calling 'vserver, and
  - the newvserver-linuxconf module, which is disabled by default. To
    enable it, the '--enable-linuxconf' option at ./configure must be
    used.

  Both features will be dropped in future versions, so new applications
  should not rely on it. Contact me, and/or try the CVS for information
  about the new features.

* supports the QUOTACTL capability

* supports both the old kernel API and the current state of the new one
  (linux-vserver 1.1.0)

* lots of small improvements and bugfixes

Enrico