From: Matthew Nuzum (matt_at_followers.net)
Date: Mon 03 Nov 2003 - 15:44:07 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: vserver-admin_at_list.linux-vserver.org
[mailto:vserver-admin_at_list.linux-vserver.org]On Behalf Of Charles
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2003 10:17 AM
To: vserver_at_list.linux-vserver.org
Subject: Re: [Vserver] 1.0 release - I agree!

yes, but i'm not quite sure whether it is okay to hard-link all files.
or i should link the executable files only.

pls kindly advise, thanks!

Ah, I see. Well, you probably want your /etc files to be manageable on a
per vserver basis, so that'd be bad to link. Also, /var/log/* and probably
some or all of /var/lib should not be linked. I think /usr is an excellent
candidate for linking.

There are others on this list that have already tackled this issue so it
shouldn't be hard to get a conclusive answer. Additionally, the linuxconf
vserver tools can automate this work, so it should be possible to simply
look at that code to see what is and isn't linked.

This would probably be a good reference item for the wiki. If/when we get a
solid answer, we should probably post it there.

Matthew Nuzum | ISPs: Make $200 - $5,000 per referral by
www.followers.net | recomending Elite CMS to your customers!
matt_at_followers.net | http://www.followers.net/isp