From: jon_at_kollegiegaarden.dk
Date: Sun 05 Oct 2003 - 08:37:48 BST

On Sat, Oct 04, 2003 at 02:12:07PM -0700, java developer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm planing using vserver within a company.
> Prior that, I need to ensure that vserver is enough
> sure and reliable.

mine has been stable lately, but it wasnt in the beginning.

> For e.g., one vps may be use for the financial
> department, while another one by the employees.

you can do that.

> Is their any risk that an employee may access to data
> of the financial group ?

If they have the same network access, they might.
Also if they can get to the "root" vserver.
There is always a risk.

> Is their any risk to loose data within a vps ?

just like any other server you can loose data. Prevent
that with raid and regular backup's.

> Any others important things/recommendation to take
> into account before using vserver within a company ?

Consider if the extra work is worth the effort. What
do you hope to gain from this?

JonB

Generated on Sun 05 Oct 2003 - 09:25:33 BST by hypermail 2.1.3