From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Sat 04 Oct 2003 - 01:46:05 BST

Dear VServer Community!

Friday Jack joined the IRC channel and we heard
about how the vserver idea was born, and how he
coded the first virtual server patch in one night ...
(more details on that later)

Jack will continue on vserver development, whenever
he feels about doing so, and I guess this will be
valuable help, but passed the project leadership to
me, because he thinks that this project needs more
attention than he is willing/could pay ...

As I see this as a community project, I'll try to
favor community decisions where possible, in form
of opinion polls, and where a development decision
is required, we'll find some consensus between all
(major) developers ...

We also agreed that we need a good project site,
and had a short opinion poll, what the name should
be ...

        linux-vserver.{org,net,com}

Jack already reserved linux-vserver.org and will
try to reserve the .com and .net too, because we
have plans for those domains ...
(again, more on that later)

the 'new' project start should be finished with
end of this month, so don't expect everything to
work for now ...

but be prepared, new releases are on their way ...

enjoy,

Generated on Sat 04 Oct 2003 - 02:31:11 BST by hypermail 2.1.3