From: Rus Foster (rghf_at_jvds.com)
Date: Mon 15 Sep 2003 - 16:56:30 BST

> kill -9
>
> Then I put an adress of a hardware network interface back into IPROOT
> and it worked fine again.
>
> So that leaves me baffled with the two questions of why and how:

I've seen this but not with NFS. The maximum lenght of an aliases in linux
is 16 character (including eth0:) so if you have a verylonghostname.com
then it will overflow and not come up.

Try doing something like

vserver stop
mv /etc/vservers/longname.conf /etc/vservers/short.conf

Move mount points as needed

Restart the vserver

Just a thought

Rus

 --
w: http://www.jvds.com | Linux + FreeBSD Servers from $15/mo
e: rghf_at_jvds.com | Totally Customizable Technology