From: Paul Sladen (vserver_at_paul.sladen.org)
Date: Sat 13 Sep 2003 - 10:30:59 BST

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003, Georges Toth wrote:
> On Friday 12 September 2003 02:53, you wrote:
> > if everybody can agree on 'one' server, I'll
> > be glad to join ...
> IMHO as well, freenode would be best

OpenProjects aka Freenode has "issues".

Serious ones at that:

  1. Coherent Funding.
  2. Stability.
  3. `Certain' ops abuse of the broadcast system.
  4. Inability to renew their domain names...

OFTC has SPI (Software in the Public Interest/Debian) backing.
OFTC would be a good choice to move to.

        -Paul

--
War is inconsistent with Truth.  Nottingham, GB