From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Thu 04 Sep 2003 - 22:53:12 BST

On Thu, Sep 04, 2003 at 02:14:25PM -0400, Rik van Riel wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Sep 2003, Herbert Poetzl wrote:
>
> > is there any interest in VM (virtual memory)
> > limitations for vserver a'la Jacques?
>
> Yes, absolutely. However, I think we should simply
> re-use the CKRM infrastructure for that, instead of
> reinventing the wheel.

I asked them, if they would do anything for 2.4.x but
they told me ...

"Not at this point. We are targetting CKRM for the 2.7
mainline kernel so only a backport to 2.6 would be needed."

anyway, I guess I figured out how Jacques was planning
to extend the rlimit to other areas besides the 'nproc'
feature ... so I thought maybe we could add the missing
features for 2.4 and take a better approach for 2.6 ...

you know a lot more than I about virtual memory, so if I
publish a patch for the vm limitation, could you be so
kind and verify it?

TIA,

Generated on Thu 04 Sep 2003 - 23:10:28 BST by hypermail 2.1.3