From: Petar (petar_at_escape.net.au)
Date: Thu 04 Sep 2003 - 07:25:59 BST

Hi Jon,

I have successfully installed the 3 packages as you suggested with the only
catch being that linuxconf was needed before the vserver-* stuff would install
and I grabbed that linuxconf-1.31r1-1.i386.rpm from the solucorp site.

After running the newvserver command and filling in all the fields it moved
onto a "Please Note" box that told me where all the config files could be
found and then bombed with a "Can't execute passwd (no such file or directory"
and I can see an new directory under /vservers in the requested name and
the only contents are a /dev and /proc so I gather something is broken
either in the script on rh8 or in my head ;-)

Any pointers to where I should look further?

Also what is the correct way to delete a vserver? I would like to get rid of
these two duds with breaking anything else. Just delete the /vservers/name.conf
and /vservers/name.sh files along with the /vservers/name folder?

I volunteer to write up a brief how-to for people such as myself when have
this running! There you go - a public commitment.

Cheers

Petar