From: Herbert Pötzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Wed 27 Aug 2003 - 12:54:39 BST

On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 12:09:37PM +0200, desman_at_gmx.de wrote:
> hi,
>
> in /usr/sbin/vserver
>
> nothing of the followed words can be found:
>
> ipv4root
> Host name
> security context
> Kernel do not support chrootsafe(), using chroot()
> Usage: init 0123456SsQqAaBbCcUu
>

> I ran out of ideas, as it seems to me i have to read and understand the
> whole vserver script to
> get an idea why he tells me "Usage: init 0123456SsQqAaBbCcUu"

this is probably because your init gets a wrong argument
(one that is not in [0123456SsQqAaBbCcUu])

the next question should be, why does init require an
argument? and I guess this can be answered with: because
in this case init is a multicall binary, which, depending
on the situation, acts as init process or as command line
utility to message such an init process ...

I would suggest you simply try for example the minit
or any other lightweight init instead ...

> In the vserver script by default init3 is started, normaly the right one.
>
> I can`t try vserver 0.22 because it doensn`t work with ctx17a

yes but you could patch ctx17 and try 0.22 then, but I guess
it will fail too ... nevertheless it would be interesting
to know ...

> Greetings
>
> Oliver

Generated on Wed 27 Aug 2003 - 13:15:17 BST by hypermail 2.1.3