From: Herbert Pötzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Wed 13 Aug 2003 - 15:08:52 BST

On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 02:23:44PM +0100, Chris Murton wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I've installed a new 2.4.20 kernel, and applied the ctx-17 patch, as well
> as the linux-2.4.20-ctx17-vquota-0.10.diff patch, recompiled and rebooted.
>
> The machine comes up fine, dmesg reports that "Diskquotas" are initialised,
> but trying to execute mke2fs -j /dev/vg/part1 (for example) reports that it
> can't

probably you either do not make use of devfs or
named your volume group other than 'vg', this is
not related to vquota at all ...

what do you want to accomplish?
o) per context user/group quota or
o) quota (limit) for an entire context

do you plan to do it with separate partitions
or on a shared one ...

is it a problem for you to upgrade to 2.4.22-rc2?

> stat that directory (as it doesn't exist).

most likely it simply doesn't exist ...
check with
ls -lda /dev/vg
ls -la /dev/vg/part1

HTH,
Herbert

> Am running Debian testing/unstable v3.0.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Many thanks,
> Chris.

Generated on Wed 13 Aug 2003 - 15:30:08 BST by hypermail 2.1.3