From: Enrico Scholz (enrico.scholz_at_informatik.tu-chemnitz.de)
Date: Thu 31 Jul 2003 - 17:19:58 BST

Herbert Pötzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at> writes:

> [... C implementation of vserver + automake buildsystem ..]
> why don't you start a rewrite of the tool package ...
> I am willing to test the functionality ...

Ok; a first try is available at

   http://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~ensc/vserver/vserverx-0.23.tar.bz2

Large parts (but not all) were C'ified (C99 compiler prefered, but gcc
2.95 works too). The new buildsystem required some structural changes
(*.cc -> *.c renamings, new directories, ...) so there is not very much
common with the original vserver-0.23 package on the first glance.

But the C++ -> C transition itself was mainly the removal of 'extern
"C"' and the rearrangement of variable declarations.

Else, I have not changed the functionality and the only improvement
is a 'libvserver.a' library which provides the syscall-wrappers. To
avoid conflicts, there should be chosen more unique names but to keep
compatibility I am using the old ones (e.g. 'has_chrootsafe()').

Enrico

Generated on Thu 31 Jul 2003 - 17:46:44 BST by hypermail 2.1.3