From: Bjoern Stierand (bs_at_skyrix.com)
Date: Thu 17 Jul 2003 - 12:58:38 BST

Hi Herbert, hi list,

On Thursday, Jul 17, 2003, at 13:27 Europe/Berlin, Herbert Pötzl wrote:
> hmm, I know I neglected the last 'stable' release,
> because it seemed too buggy to me *G* ...
>
> but anyway, are you sure that the official ctx17
> for 2.4.21 didn't freeze the machine but the
> unofficial does?
My tests showed that - but I can't prove it right now ;)
I'll try to have a look at that here on my local
machine, as the machine where this issue showed up
is currently happily running in the server room
using 2.4.20 :)

> because except for cosmetic variations, the following
> patch is the only difference between jacques test
> version for 2.4.21 and my unofficial patch, which
> might be responsible for your udp issues, but for
> the freeze?
It was kinda strange - iirc it ran once, but freezed
everytime thereafter. Maybe it were some side effects
caused by the machine this was running on - can't
say at the moment.

> I will look into it ...
Ok, thanks for your help and your speed providing
patches for new kernels - really impressing :)

Greets

Bjoern

--
http://www.opengroupware.org