From: Herbert Pötzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Thu 10 Jul 2003 - 17:40:38 BST

On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 12:30:02PM -0400, Alejandro Mery wrote:
> Herbert Pötzl wrote:
>
> >On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 01:53:21AM -0400, Alejandro Mery wrote:
> >>do you have a patch appliable to quota-3.09?
> >not at the moment, sorry ...
> i'll try to adapt the current one...

be careful, but if you have questions,
come back and ask me ...

> >>is vquota considered stable or the work over it stoped
> >>because the lack of time?
> >neither nor ...
> >- it is usable, but not stable (at least not in
> > my nomenglature)
> >- it was first stopped because nobody wanted
> > it, and later not really continued because
> > I didn't want to revive it ...
> sad news :(

why?

> >why are you interested in 3.09 explicitely?
> >
> i include vserver and vquota on rocklinux, and current version of quota
> is 3.09 but 3.07 patch is not appliable to 3.09, so the package is broken.

I see, but I have to warn you, Honza changed
a lot and my patch had some changes in another
direction ...

didn't recognize the name at first glance ...
but now I remember *G* ...

----- Forwarded message from Herbert Pötzl <herbert_at_www.13thfloor.at> -----

Subject: vquota & Rock Linux ...
From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_www.13thfloor.at>
To: Alejandro Mery <amery_at_innernet.cl>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 16:19:57 +0200

Hi Alejandro!
Hi Clifford!

saw that Rock Linux included my vquota stuff ...

this brings up few questions ...

 - is the RL kernel already ctx17 aware?
 - does actually anybody use this?
 - if there is interest in this code I
   can keep it up to date 8-)
 - could you probably correct my name?
   (it should be Pötzl, with umlaut o)
 - are you interested in 2.4.21-rcX versions?

I am currently working on a new vserver approach
which should be 'more general', it's in pre-alpha
stage, but I guess it will be useable soon ...
this will also allow per vserver quota, but without
modification of the quota tools ...

let me know what you think about it ...

----- End forwarded message -----

Generated on Thu 10 Jul 2003 - 18:02:12 BST by hypermail 2.1.3