From: Kyle Yencer (kyencer_at_eapps.com)
Date: Thu 10 Jul 2003 - 16:08:32 BST

Guillaume,

Are you using the e100 driver?

Kyle
----- Original Message -----
From: "Guillaume Plessis" <gui_at_moolfreet.com>
To: <vserver_at_solucorp.qc.ca>
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2003 10:21 AM
Subject: Re: [vserver] Stability Issues

> Le Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 09:18:10 -0400, Kyle Yencer a écrit:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have been working using the VServer 0.22 and ctx-17 in a scenario with
anywhere from 5 to 20 VServers running, some of which run java inside of
them. In the beginning phases, the server would crash anywhere from 7 to 10
days, however now it will crash almost daily and at that multiple times
sometimes. The Host OS is Redhat 7.3 and the kernel is a vanilla patched
2.4.20 kernel. I have also tried the 2.4.19-ctx15 kernel as will with no
better results. The machine is a dual xeon with 2 gigs of ram, it's quite
possible the issue is hardware related, the server is running a i2o raid
card and eepro100 nics. Has anyone ran into similiar problems? The only
thing i've been able to grab before the server crashed is the last proc,
which coincidently happened to be a java process. Please let me know if
anyone has seen similar behavior, or where anyone has found stable ground if
this is normal.