From: Lars Braeuer (lbraeuer_at_mpex.net)
Date: Sat 05 Jul 2003 - 23:31:40 BST

hi herbert,

I setup a vserver on an LVM partition with vquota using your how-to located at:
http://www.13thfloor.at/VServer/HowTo_LVMQS.shtml

everything works fine, until it comes to the point where I want to activate the
quota in the vserver issuing "quotaon -avug". I get the following message:

quotaon: using //aquota.user on /dev/hdv1 [/]: Operation not permitted

- vserver lvm partition is mounted to /vservers/LV01
- vrsetup is run from LV01.sh (just like in the how-to)
- quotacheck -avug is run on startup

is there another way to activate quota in the vserver, i.e. from the hostsystem?

some output from the vserver:

-------------------------------------

# cat /etc/mtab
proc /proc proc rw 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,gid=5,mode=620 0 0
/dev/hdv1 / ext3 rw,usrquota 0 0

# repquota -aug
*** Report for user quotas on device /dev/hdv1
Block grace time: 7days; Inode grace time: 7days
                         Block limits File limits
User used soft hard grace used soft hard grace
root -- 86754 0 0 6440 0 0
daemon -- 2 0 0 3 0 0
man -- 1 0 0 1 0 0
mail -- 6 0 0 6 0 0
news -- 1 0 0 1 0 0
kunde01 +- 35 10 500 6days 9 0 0

# quotastats
Kernel quota version: 6.5.0
Number of dquot lookups: 238
Number of dquot drops: 240
Number of dquot reads: 3
Number of dquot writes: 4
Number of quotafile syncs: 53
Number of dquot cache hits: 55
Number of allocated dquots: 0
Number of free dquots: 0
Number of in use dquot entries (user/group): 0

Generated on Sat 05 Jul 2003 - 23:50:59 BST by hypermail 2.1.3