From: bognár, attila (attila.bognar_at_netalfa.com)
Date: Sat 05 Jul 2003 - 11:30:31 BST

Dear List,

I created a vserver in a Debian Testing environment. (both the host and
vserver is Debian Testing).

My problem is that I cannot use the inetd services running in the
vserver. Inetd binds to the specified ports by the services given in
inetd.conf, it is possible to connect to the services but the connection
is immediately dropped.

The result of a telnet:

build:~# inetd -d
ADD : discard proto=tcp, wait.max=0.40, user.group=root.(null)
builtin=804d0b4 server=internal
ADD : discard proto=udp, wait.max=0.40, user.group=root.(null)
builtin=804d0c4 server=internal
ADD : daytime proto=tcp, wait.max=0.40, user.group=root.(null)
builtin=804d0f4 server=internal
ADD : time proto=tcp, wait.max=0.40, user.group=root.(null)
builtin=804d0d4 server=internal
ADD : telnet proto=tcp, wait.max=0.40, user.group=telnetd.telnetd
builtin=0 server=/usr/sbin/tcpd
ADD : 9999 proto=tcp, wait.max=0.400, user.group=aptproxy.(null)
builtin=0 server=/usr/sbin/tcpd
someone wants telnet
accept, ctrl 3
2360 execl /usr/sbin/tcpd
2360 reaped, status 100

the client process:
build:/var/log# telnet build
Trying 10.7.7.4...
Connected to build.netalfa.hu.
Escape character is '^]'.
Connection closed by foreign host.
build:/var/log#

There is no hanging at all (nor inetd, nor client), just after opening
the connection it is immediatly closed. I could not found any log entry
anywhere about it.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks,

attila

Generated on Sat 05 Jul 2003 - 11:57:34 BST by hypermail 2.1.3