From: Matthew Nuzum (matt_at_followers.net)
Date: Wed 02 Jul 2003 - 21:21:54 BST

I've been following this thread with interest because I've experienced a
similar problem. The answers are not yet clear to me though, so let me ask
outright...

If someone wants a dual-homed vserver where each of it's (vserver's)
interfaces attaches to a different network, what would you do?

For example, let's assume the physical server has two nics,
eth0: 10.0.0.0/24 and
eth1: 192.168.0.1/24.

You want to be able to talk to computers on both networks. What I've found
is that I can ping other vservers and the physical server using both
interfaces, but I can only ping other physical computers through one of the
interfaces.

Here are the lines I've tried in my vserver's conf file:
       IPROOT="eth0:10.0.0.104 eth1:192.168.0.100"
       IPROOTDEV=eth0

With this config, I could reach anything 10.0.0.* through eth0, but only the
physical server and it's other vservers through eth1.

Are there any other changes that would need to be made? Does anything need
to be done inside the vserver?

Matthew Nuzum | Makers of "Elite Content Management System"
www.followers.net | View samples of Elite CMS in action
matt_at_followers.net | http://www.followers.net/portfolio/

Generated on Wed 02 Jul 2003 - 21:45:30 BST by hypermail 2.1.3