From: Roland Moriz (roland_at_moriz.de)
Date: Mon 23 Jun 2003 - 00:16:57 BST

Hi,

Am Son, 2003-06-22 um 21.07 schrieb Herbert Poetzl:
> > I want to limit the amount of diskspace a vserver can use.
> >
> > Unfortunately your documentation skips the part "shared partition" at
> > http://www.13thfloor.at/VServer/HowTo.shtml.
> >
> > So i'm confused about what i should do now...
>
> ahh, now I understand ...
>
> okay first make sure that you use static/fixed
> context numbers for your vservers (otherwise
> some nice surprises are waiting for you)
>
> (nomenglature: [P] Physical, [V] Virtual)
>
> now enable quota (usrquota, grpquota and ctxquota)
> on that shared partition (mount entries), and
> after [P] quotacheck -vmaugx you should be able to
> look at user, group and context quota from [P]

mount shows me:
/dev/sda9 on /home type ext3 (rw,usrquota,grpquota,ctxquota)

then i did:

s2:/home # edquota -x -f /home 17

[set some limits]
:wq

edquota: WARNING - /dev/sda9: cannot change current block allocation

s2:~ # quota -x 17
Disk quotas for context #17 (cid 17): none

:-(

(that was after a fews reboot and now vservers were running)

also "repquota /home" doesn't show me contexts - maybe because no
vserver was running...

> PS: you are the second person using this
> stuff (not including myself), so I will soon
> start to write the missing howto ;)

;-)

with kind regards,
Mit freundlichen Gruessen,