From: Roland Moriz (roland_at_moriz.de)
Date: Tue 17 Jun 2003 - 02:02:16 BST

Hi guys,

i just compiled a new 2.4.21 kernel including the vserver patches from
Herbert on a new development box.

I created 6 vservers and i'm currently playing around with them.

I discovered a thing that i don't really like while modifying the
initscript rebootmgr to start every vserver on the system start:

After the next reboot the first startet vserver takes over some services
from the box' main IP - which is definitly not set in the vserver
configuration file of the first vserver. At least conneting to the ssh
server on the "main ip" brought me to the 1st vserver.

Is there a way to prevent this behavior? It's extremly ugly when a
vserver can play "man in the middle" just after a reboot :-(

with kind regards,
Mit freundlichen Gruessen,

Roland Moriz

--