From: Martin List-Petersen (martin_at_list-petersen.dk)
Date: Mon 16 Jun 2003 - 18:19:30 BST

> > vserver start | stop i can't see the big problem with.
> > I would realise this via a cron job, that checks a file
> > or database or something else, then stops and
> > starts the vserver and writes a status back.
>
> if you suggesting to implement vreboot, save your
> time, it has been already done (rebootmgr) ..

Actually i'm looking into something similar like Mitchell Smith, though
only start, stop, status and so on. I probably will find my answer
there.

> > vserver enter i would find slightly more complicated to
> > acomplish without compromising your host system.
>
> hmm? you are referring to the shell-scriptness
> of the vserver script?
>
> if you really need security, you could always
> code your syscalls yourself ...

I will not under any circumstances give my users shell access on the
host system. They have their vservers. If they screwed them up, they
should raise a trouble ticket or request a reinstall.

But that's a personal choice of mine. Call it paranoya.

Regards,
Martin List-Petersen
martin at list-petersen dot dk

--
BOFH excuse #167:

excessive collisions & not enough packet ambulances