From: Mitchell Smith (mjs_at_blitztechnology.net)
Date: Mon 16 Jun 2003 - 12:47:44 BST

Greetings list,

I am wanting to create a management console for my virtual host users so
that they may

. Restart their virtual server if necessary
. Log in on the console in the event they get over enthusiastic with their
firewall rules or something and lock themselves out.

My question is to the security of the vserver binary.

obviously I would run a restricted shell like osh or something similar, but
can anyone think of a way that I can.

a. allow them to "vserver stop|start" with out being root
b. "vserver enter'" only on their own vserver and no one elses.

Obviously something such as this would be easier using something like user
mode linux, but we have built our whole system on vserver, so it's a bit
late to change.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

-Mitchell Smith

Generated on Mon 16 Jun 2003 - 13:05:02 BST by hypermail 2.1.3