From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Sat 14 Jun 2003 - 00:11:33 BST

On Fri, Jun 13, 2003 at 06:06:46PM -0400, Matt Ayres wrote:
> I'm attempting to use your vquota patches.
> I have one problem so far, other than that everything looks good.
> After I have run quotacheck on the root server repquota reports this:
>
> Context used soft hard grace used soft hard grace
> #0 0 -- 3014460 0 0 189652 0 0
> #3 0 -- 92 0 0 30 0 0
>
> Context 3 is the only vserver setup right now, it is named "oldschool".
> du -sh /vservers/oldschool shows this:

be careful NOT to change the context ID ...
otherwise strange things will happen ...

> 378M /vservers/oldschool
>
> so my question is, how do I get the context quota to sync up
> with what is on disk. additionally, how does the quota tools know
> what consists of context 3?

as you found out, the context quota is in sync with
the current situation (quotacheck -vax)

On Fri, Jun 13, 2003 at 06:42:25PM -0400, Matt Ayres wrote:
> Ok, so I see it looks like it only applies to newly created
> files in the context and the context id is read from the inode.

this is a feature not a bug *grin* ...

as a matter of fact, it is better this way, because
if you want, you could 'simply' chown the files into
the new context ...

'simply' meaning: with some script inside or outside
the virtual context ... I didn't bother to write such
a tool/script because there simply was no demand.

> I'd like to recommend a tool to set the context owner for a
> directory

here you go: chown (preinstalled on your system ;)

take a closer look at a file, which was created within
a virtual context from context zero or context 1 ...

> and possibly a fake statfs call so df reports the
> quota as the disk size within the vserver (as Alexey has done).

yeah, this would be an option ...

Generated on Sat 14 Jun 2003 - 00:26:31 BST by hypermail 2.1.3