From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Fri 13 Jun 2003 - 14:54:43 BST

On Fri, Jun 13, 2003 at 10:55:38AM +0200, Ola Lundqvist wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 03:04:31PM +0200, Herbert Poetzl wrote:
> > On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 02:03:40PM +0200, Ola Lundqvist wrote:

Topic: rsync and arbitrary mounts in vserver

maybe it would be nice, and sufficient to add an
option to rsync, which permits/forbids crossing
of filesystem borders ... like --one-file-system
for 'tar', 'cp' or 'du' ...

> > it actually affects any mount, because if for example
> > you decide to put an RPM archive on each vserver, and
> > you could do this for example via --bind mounts of an
> > actually ro mounted partition ... or several mounts
> > of this partition, if you fear the --bind magic ;)
>
> Is that the reason why you can not give it ro permission if you bind to
> a rw partition?

yes, not yet ....

> > > /tmp,/var/tmp ... It should not need to be copied either.
> > > It is (should) be cleaned on every boot anyway.
> >
> > I do not think that /vservers/<NAME>/var/tmp is ever cleaned
> > at all *hint*
>
> Hmm, shouldn't it be cleaned when the vserver starts? Well not /var/tmp
> maybe... :)

in vserver (0.22), start:

        rm -f `find var/run -type f`
        rm -f var/lock/subsys/*

and whatever the /vservers/<NAME>/etc/rc.d/rc does ...

Generated on Fri 13 Jun 2003 - 15:14:21 BST by hypermail 2.1.3