From: Yann Dupont (Yann.Dupont_at_univ-nantes.fr)
Date: Tue 20 May 2003 - 13:28:01 BST

Le mar 20/05/2003 à 13:49, Sam Vilain a écrit :
> On Mon, 19 May 2003 20:40, Yann Dupont wrote:
> > -A good book on kernel internals ? a good on -line document ?
>
> http://jungla.dit.upm.es/~jmseyas/linux/kernel/hackers-docs.html

Thanks, that is exactly what I was searching.

> > -What is the best way to develop on kernel ? I mean something crash
> > resistant : what do you use ? Vmware ? UML ? Are they adequate for this
> > task ?
>
> While UML has been more extensively hacked out and developed, there is also
> Plex86 (http://www.plex86.org/). with a *very* small patch to the guest

OK, I'll test that.
As you can imagine all I want is a mean to boot a modified kernel, test
& basically run one or two services, crash & restart - well, validate
the changes.

Thanks for this information. I'll have time in july to test that.

--
Yann Dupont, Cri de l'université de Nantes
Tel: 02.51.12.58.91 - Fax: 02.51.12.58.60 - Yann.Dupont_at_univ-nantes.fr