From: Wray Cason (wrayman_at_auxiliumcomputing.com)
Date: Fri 02 May 2003 - 23:36:22 BST

> > > I use the vserver patch together with a Raid1+DRBD/Heartbeat failover
> > > config. If the primary server fails all vservers are started on the
> > > secondary within a few seconds. Besides the recently fixed bug in
> > > ctx15/ctx16 this setup is 100% stable.
> >
> > What do you use for replication, and how often does it replicate?
>
> DRBD does network raid1:
>
> http://www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/reisner/drbd/
> http://www.linbit.com/en/article/articleview/46/1/11
>
> It works very well.
>
> Jan
Very interesting. Is there any write-up available for this solution? I am
eager to learn more about the specifics. I gather that one important point to
consider is the fact that the vserver kernel doesn't support journaling file
systems.

--
Wray Cason "Wrayman"
Auxilium Computing

Generated on Sat 03 May 2003 - 15:20:32 BST by hypermail 2.1.3