From: Jan-Marc Pilawa (j.pilawa_at_tu-bs.de)
Date: Tue 15 Apr 2003 - 21:50:28 BST

Zitat von Tedsuo Shima <virtualxyz_at_hotmail.com>:

> Hello, I am back :)
>
> I am trying to setup a redhat vserver on a debian root server. The problem
> is the redhat vserver do not start at all.
>
> vserver redmax start
> Starting the virtual server redmax
> Server redmax is not running
> ipv4root is now 0.0.0.0
                  ^^^^^^^^
sounds to me, if there is a Problem with some options in the vservers config
file. Canīt really believe, that this has to do with debian. I had similar
Problems with "redhat on redhat" (but after i played to much with the
newvserver-tool where I added some "features" for my environment).

> New security context is 44
>
> vserver-stat
> CTX# PROC QTY VSZ RSS userTIME sysTIME UPTIME NAME
> 0 58 107MB 6kB 24m02.52 30m27.27 21h41m39 root
> server
>
> I also try the fakeinit flag to start the vserver.
> It work with this flag but no services start at all
> and when i do ps ax it consume 99% of cpu and nothing happen.
>
> Redhat is the only distro that do not start on my debian root server
>
> Debian work
> Suse 7.3 ( with rc modified work)

I am interested in the mods an a List of the most basic RPMs needed. -Could you
mail it, please (privat?)

> Slackware work
>
> Any help will be appreciate

Best regards

Jan

Generated on Tue 22 Apr 2003 - 18:41:46 BST by hypermail 2.1.3